Monday, 19th August 2019
Logo Islandinfo
Mauritius in your hands            
Home

Find in Mauritius

         
Sight Seeing
Activities
Shopping
Eating Out
Nightlife
Hotels
Body & Soul
Business
Services
Real Estate
Mauritius Map
Mauritius Online Magazine May 2017 Issue
Testimonials
Expatriates in Mauritius
Mauritius Discovery
Mauritius Explore
Mauritius Escape
Voucher

Forthcoming Events
in Mauritius


Events & Galleries
in Mauritius
Min: 19 Max: 27
Partly Cloudy
Other regions of Mauritius
 
Email:
           
About Mauritius
Health Tips
2013-12-06
Meningioma
It is a type of tumor that develops from the meninges, the membrane that surrounds the brain and spinal cord.  There are three layers of meninges, called the Dura mater, arachnoids and pia mater.  Most meningiomas (90%) are categorized as benign tumors, with the remaining 10% being a typical or malignant.  However, the word "benign" can be misleading in this case, as when benign tumors grow and constrict and affect the brain, they can cause disability and even be life threatening.

Other meningiomas grow more rapidly, or have sudden growth spurts.  There is no way to predict the rate of growth for a meningioma, or to know for certain how long a specific tumor was growing before diagnosis.  Meningiomas vary in their symptoms and appropriate treatment options depending on where they are located.  Age at the time of diagnosis is also indicates an increased chance of survival.  The younger patients have better survival rates.

validated by: Dr Atampreet singh, Consultant, Neurology, Fortis Hospital, Noida
Read more tips
 
Publish your article with us for free
Home | About us | Contact Us | Advertising | Link to Us | Airport   Bookmark and Share Site by: Islandinfo & Maxuz Web Agency