Sunday, 23rd September 2018
Logo Islandinfo
Mauritius in your hands            
Home

Find in Mauritius

         
Sight Seeing
Activities
Shopping
Eating Out
Nightlife
Hotels
Body & Soul
Business
Services
Real Estate
Mauritius Map
Mauritius Online Magazine May 2017 Issue
Testimonials
Expatriates in Mauritius
Mauritius Discovery
Mauritius Explore
Mauritius Escape
Voucher

Forthcoming Events
in Mauritius


Events & Galleries
in Mauritius
Min: 19 Max: 27
Partly Cloudy
Other regions of Mauritius
 
Email:
           
SPORTS
26 Nov 2010
REAL MADRID FACE CHARGES OVER RED CARDS AGAINST AJAX

Real Madrid face being charged by Uefa for the improper conduct of coach Jose Mourinho and four of his players.

The disciplinary case against Mourinho, Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos, Iker Casillas and Jerzy Dudek relates to Real's Champions League win over Ajax.

Ramos and Alonso both picked up second yellow cards for time-wasting late on in the 4-0 win in Amsterdam on Tuesday.

That meant they would be banned for the final group game, rather than in the knock-out stage of the tournament.

After the game, Mourinho denied any wrongdoing, saying: "Stories sell, but the important thing is the 4-0 win and the fantastic game we had. Let's talk about that and not other things."

The disciplinary hearing will take place on 30 November.

Alonso was sent off for continually delaying his run-up to take a free-kick after 87 minutes, and Ramos was dismissed when he did much the same from a goal-kick three minutes later.

With Real already guaranteed passage to the knockout stages as Group G winners, Alonso and Ramos would normally serve a suspension that rules them out of the meaningless final game against Auxerre.

Had both players picked up a booking in the final group game, or later on in the competition, it would mean they would be suspended for a potentially crucial last-16 tie.

Although Alonso and Ramos were given their marching orders in the Amsterdam Arena, goalkeeper Casillas and substitute keeper Dudek were allegedly pictured passing on messages to defender Ramos.

Speaking before the Uefa announcement on Thursday, Ramos told the Real Madrid website: "My being sent off against Ajax is of no concern. It is a thing of the past. It's time to move on and to think about the [game against Barcelona this weekend].

"I am not worried about any repercussions because I don't think I broke any rules."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said the club should be punished if found guilt but admitted he had been tempted to do similar things.

"You never say that it doesn't cross your mind, and you have to be completely honest about it," he said. "But when you see how it looks on television, I must say, what happened there is the best demonstration to think, 'never do that again'.

"For yourself as well, never envisage to do that because it looks, frankly, horrible."

Uefa is also investigating the behaviour of the former coach of Romanian champions CFR Cluj.

Sorin Cartu, who was only appointed in September, was sacked on Thursday after smashing up the dugout during his team's 1-0 Champions League loss at FC Basel on Tuesday.

"Due to this unwanted gesture committed by Sorin Cartu we have decided to sack him from his current position," stated club president Iuliu Muresan.

"We would like to give our most sincere apologies, first of all to Uefa, the host of the Champions League competition, to the Swiss club FC Basel, to our fans and to all football and sports fans."

source:http://www.bbc.co.uk




« Back
 
Publish your article with us for free
Home | About us | Contact Us | Advertising | Link to Us | Airport   Bookmark and Share Site by: Islandinfo & Maxuz Web Agency